- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 800g milk (6 + 1/3cup )
- 4 eggs
- 200g sugar (1cup)
- 60g potato starch (1/2cup)
- Vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
Looking for your next Dessert? This is what you want to treat your family with. A Parisian Flan with a creamy vanilla center on a shortcrust pastry.
Prep: 30min | Rest: 4h | Cooking: 45min to 1h | 6 to 8 persons
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F
- Spread your shortcrust pastry in the pan of your choice and place it in the fridge while preparing the custard.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and sugar. Then add the potato starch.
- In a saucepan heat the milk to a boil, with the vanilla pod and liquid vanilla (add as many as you like)
- Pour half the ilk into the previous mixture and whisk quickly. Pour everything back to the pan and heat over medium heat while mixing vigorously.
- The preparation is ready when it starts to boil. Then remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour the preparation in your mold on top of your shortcrust pastry and bake in the oven for 45min to 1h. (After 35min, sprinkle the top with coconut sugar)
- Let cool down and place in the refrigerator at least 3 hours.
Come over to Instagram if you have questions!
Have you tried this recipe? Tag me on Instagram @bakingoverseas / #bakingoverseas so I can see it ?