- 300g flour (2+1/3 cup)
- 25g sugar (2 tbsp)
- 5g salt (1/2 tsp)
- 125ml milk (1/2 cup)
- 6g dry yeast
- 175g butter (3/4 cup)
- 1 egg
- 90g pearl sugar (1/2 cup)
I’m a big fan of crêpes & waffles in general. One day, I’ve tried Liege Belgian Waffles and it all changed! They are just SO D*MN DELICIOUS! It’s not really complicated to make! I’ve made the choice to lower the amount of sugar in the reipe 🙂
Liege Belgian Waffles
Prep time: 10min | Rest: 1h | Cook time: 25min | 20 waffles
- Warm up the milk for 30 seconds in the microwave (it’s just to heat it up, you don’t want it to be hot). Pour it into the tank of your robot, add the yeast and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix the sugar, salt, and egg.
- In your standing robot, add the flour to your milk/yeast. Then pour the bowl with the egg/salt/sugar.
- Finally, add the butter in pieces.
- With the hook, knead at speed one until all the ingredients are well mixed together and start to form a ball. Then knead at speed 4 or 5 for 5 minutes. The dough will become elastic.
- Prepare a salad bowl with a little flour. Put your dough in there and let stand 45min at 30 ° C (a little more so if it is less hot ?)
- When the rest is over, add the pearl sugar. Then form small balls of the same size.
- Place them in the freezer to preheat your waffle iron.
- And cook them until they are golden brown
COME OVER TO INSTAGRAM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE? TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @BAKINGOVERSEAS / #BAKINGOVERSEAS SO I CAN SEE IT ?
Looking for more treats? Here!