FOR THE LADYFINGERS BISCUITS
- 4 egg whites
- 130g brown sugar (2/3 cup)
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g flour (3/4cup)
FOR THE CREAM
- 250g mascarpone cheese (1)
- 4 eggs
- 60g brown sugar (1/3cup)
- 1 coffee
- 1 tbsp rum (optional)
- Cocoa Powdered unsweetened
Alright guys – it’s Tiramisu time! One of the best dessert ever invented (too far? naaaa). I hope you’re ready to get started, today we are baking the tiramisu from scratch ?
Prep: 25min| Rest: 2h-4h | Cooking :10min | 4 people
For the Biscuit:
- Beat the egg whites, and add the sugar in 3 batches. Once you have the consistency of a Meringue, add the egg yolks and mix with the spatula.
- Then add gently the sifted flour to the mixture with the spatula.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F and prepare a baking pan with parchment paper.
- If you have a piping bag you can pipe the ladyfinger biscuits, if you don’t have one, you can use a tablespoon – in the end, it goes in the tiramisu, it really doesn’t need to be tip-top!
- Bake between 8 and 15 min – it will depend on your oven, the biscuits must be golden brown.
For the Cream :
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites firmly
In a second bowl, whisk (or use a hand mixer it’s faster) the mascarpone, egg yolks and brown sugar.
- Gradually add the egg whites to the spatula.
- Make a coffee ? Add a tablespoon of Rum (if you want, it’s not mandatory)
And it’s time to put it together:
- prepare the dish of your choice, dip the ladyfingers biscuit one by one in the coffee, and place them in the bottom of the mold. Add part of the mascarpone cream, then a bit of cocoa powder. And so on!
- Keep it in the fridge for 2 to 4hours
Come over to Instagram if you have questions!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE? TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @BAKINGOVERSEAS / #BAKINGOVERSEAS SO I CAN SEE IT ?