- 4 eggs
- 125g sugar (2/3 cup)
- 125g de farine (1cup)
Pastry Whipped Cream:
- 500ml milk (2cups)
- 100g sugar (1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolk
- 50g cornstarch (1/2cup)
- 100g butter (1/2 cup)
- 8g gelatin
- 200g 35%Fat Whipping Cream (3/4 cup)
Sugar syrup (optional)
- 50g sugar (1/4 cup)
- 50ml water (1/4 cup)
- 500g de Strawberries
It’s Strawberry Season people! Time to get into the kitchen & bake the yummiest French Strawberry cake ever: the Fraisier!
Prep: 1h30| Cook: 30min | Rest: 5h | 6 people
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 355°F.
- In a bowl or in the bowl of your standing mixer put the eggs and the sugar. Beat with the whisk until mixture triple its volume – it will become clearer – and form a ribbon effect (when the dough falls from your whip it leaves a small mark and then disappears.)
- Then add the sifted flour and mix gently to the spatula, being careful to incorporate the flour properly (it stays at the bottom!)
- Butter and flour a mold then pour your sponge cake to maximum 3/4 of the mold. It will go up when cooked, if you put too much, you’ll have it all over the oven 🙂
- Cook between 15 and 25 min at 180°C / 355°F – control the baking it will depend on your oven.
- When the sponge cake is cooked. Keep it at room temperature and wait for it to cool well before removing it from the mold.
Pastry Whipped Cream:
- Rehydrate your gelatin leaves in a bowl of cold water.
- In a saucepan pour the milk with the vanilla and 1 teaspoon of sugar. And heat up.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks, sugar, and cornflour. When the milk is hot pour it several times over this mixture and pour everything back into the pan.
- Cook over medium heat while whisking constantly, the cream will thicken, at the first “plop” lower the heat, and mix about thirty seconds extra.
- Remove from the heat and add the rehydrated gelatin, mix with a whisk, then add the butter. Mix again until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour everything into a bowl, film on contact, and keep in the fridge.
- When your cream is cold, take it out of the fridge and use a whist to soften it.
- Whip the Whipping Cream and gradually add the Chantilly to your cream.
- Pour the sugar and water into a saucepan. Cook until reaching 100°C/210°F
- Take it out of the heat and reserve in a small bowl.
- Clean, hull your strawberries, and cut them lengthwise. Save a part to cut into small pieces to put inside the strawberry cake.
Time to put it together:
- Cut your sponge cake into 2 rounds 1 cm high. The first round of the diameter of your mold, the second smallest that will come inside.
COME OVER TO INSTAGRAM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE? TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @BAKINGOVERSEAS / #BAKINGOVERSEAS SO I CAN SEE IT ?