- 250g flour (2cups)
- 5g salt (1/4tbsp)
- 10g sugar (3/4 tbsp)
- 10g honey (1/2 tbsp)
- 3 eggs
- 100g room temperature butter (1/2cup)
- 4g dry yeast
- Orange Zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Who does not like to diversify their breakfast? I know you loved the Milk Brioche Bread recipe and I think you’ll love this Brioche recipe!
The recipe is explained with a standing robot – for those who do not have one, I made a video in IGTV here which shows you how it is possible to do manual kneading. This is the video of the milk brioche, but the kneading for the Brioche is the same!
Prep: 20min | Rest: 2h30 | Proofing: 1h | Cooking: 25min | 6 persons
- In your standing robot add: Flour + Salt + Sugar. Mix with a spoon (to prevent the yeast from coming into contact with salt or sugar).
- Then add in that order: vanilla, orange zests, honey, room temperature butter, the eggs and dry yeast. Mix with the dough hook for about 5 minutes at the minimum speed (I set to 1 or 2)
- Then mix again for 8 to 10 minutes at medium speed (4 or 5)
- The dough should be soft when you touch it.
- Put the dough in a bowl & let stand at room temperature for 30 min to 1h.
- Remove the air by punching in it & form it back to a ball. Place it in a salad bowl (covered with film paper) and place it in the fridge for 2 hours (overnight is also great, it will be even easier to shape it)
- Time to shape it. I personally separate mine into 50g of dough if I make individual ones, or 100g each for a braid. You can make whatever you want!
- Proof at room temperature 45min to 1h30 (your brioche must take third of their volume)
- 11- Egg wash, & bake at 170°C / 340°F for about 15 to 25 minutes depending on your oven and what shape you gave (mini ball will be about 12min – 1 large brioche closer to 20/25min)
Come over to Instagram if you have questions!
Have you tried this recipe? Tag me on Instagram @bakingoverseas / #bakingoverseas so I can see it ?