- 1 shortcrust pastry
For the Caramel:
- 100g sugar (1/2cup)
- 120ml whipping cream 35%fat (1/2cup)
- 50g salted butter (1/4 cup)
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 200ml whipping cream 35%fat (3/4 cup)
- 200g dark Chocolate (1+1/4cup)
- 25g honey (1tbsp)
- 45g butter (1/4 cup)
There you go, friends! The Chocolate & Salted Butter Caramel Pie recipe! Super easy, and absolutely DELICIOUS 🙂
Chocolate & Salted Butter Caramel Pie
Prep time: 30min | Cook time : 35min | 6-8 people
- Preheat the oven to 180° C/190°C
Roll out your shortcrust pastry in your favorite pie plate, prick the bottom with a fork and place it in the freezer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, bake your pie shell until golden brown (about 12 to 15 minutes)
- To prepare the Salted Butter Caramel the recipe is here
- Once your tart shell is cooked and completely cool, pour your Salted Butter Caramel and spread well over the entire surface of your tart shell. Reserve in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- For the Chocolate Ganache: Crush your chocolate into small pieces and add the butter. In a saucepan, bring the whipping cream to a boil with the honey then pour it over the crushed chocolate/butter. Cover with a lid for a few minutes, then mix everything with a spatula until you have a homogeneous texture.
- Pour everything over the very cold caramel and set in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Enjoy 🙂
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE? TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @BAKINGOVERSEAS / #BAKINGOVERSEAS SO I CAN SEE IT ?
Want more recipes? Click here