- Babka Dough:
- 250g flour (2cups)
- 3g salt (1/4tsp)
- 50g sugar (1/4cup)
- 12g fresh yeast (about 4g to 5g dry yeast)
- 150g milk (2/3 cup)
- 50g butter (1/4cup)
- Babka Filling
- 150g Hazelnut chocolate paste (homemade or from your favorite store) (2/3cup)
- 30g Chocolate chips (1/4cup)
- 40g roasted & crushed hazelnuts (1/3cup)
- Butter for the mold
Oh, hello there! I guess you’ve heard of the Chocolate Babka and really want to give this a go? This is the recipe you want to try. Believe me. It’s from the Chef Jeffrey Cagnes and has a crunchy filling with roasted hazelnut. Let’s get started!
Chocolate Babka by Chef Jeffrey Cagnes
Prep: 30min | Rest: 1h45 | Cooking: 20 to 25min | 6 persons
- For the Babka dough: In your standing robot, mix all the ingredients except the butter. Make sure the yeast DOES NOT touch the sugar or salt. Use the dough hook and start mixing for about 20minutes at medium speed.
- Add then the butter in small cubes. Keep on mixing until the dough is shiny and does not stick to the bowl.
- Roll in a ball and let it rest in the fridge for an hour
- After an hour, roll the dough into a rectangle. It should be the same length as your mold & 3times the width.
- Spread the hazelnut/Choco paste on it, add the chocolate chips & the crushed hazelnuts.
- Coat a rectangle cake pan with some butter & place your dough.
- Roll the dough into a tight log.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the logs in half in its length
- Twist to form spirals and transfer to the prepared pan. Let it rise for 45min at room temperature.
- Preheat your oven at 180°C/355°F and bake for 20 to 25min.
- Enjoy ?
Come over to Instagram if you have questions!
Have you tried this recipe? Tag me on Instagram @bakingoverseas / #bakingoverseas so I can see it ?