For the Shortcrust Pastry:
- 200g flour (1 2/3 cup)
- 70g icing sugar (1/2 cup)
- 70g butter (1/3 cup)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
For the inside:
- 3 apples
- 6 tsp salted butter caramel
- 1 handful of crushed pecan nuts
- 200ml whipping cream 35%Fat (3/4cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g icing sugar (1/3cup) (optional – for the chantilly)
This tart was just a “what’s left in my fridge” test and it was really good! So here is the recipe for these very yummy Apple Caramel Pecan Mini Pies.
Apple Caramel Pecan Mini Pies
Prep time: 30min | Cooking Time : 25min | 6 mini pies
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
- To make the shortbread pastry: In the bowl of your standing robot using the paddle attachment mix the flour, icing sugar and butter. When you have a sandy texture add the egg and salt until you get a dough. Keep it in the fridge in cling film for 30 minutes.
- Spread your shortbread dough in the mini pie molds of your choice and prick the bottom with a fork and place them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Peel your apples and cut them into thin slices, use a cookie cutter to make them the size of your tarts. With a second cookie cutter create a circle in the middle (this will remove the part of the seeds).
- In each tart, place apple slices layers, and in the middle place a spoonful of salted butter caramel and crushed pecans.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the tarts are golden brown.
- When they are cooked, let them cool down completely (you can place them in the fridge), then whip up your whipped cream with the vanilla (you can – or not – add icing sugar) and pipe it on your pies!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE? TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @BAKINGOVERSEAS / #BAKINGOVERSEAS SO I CAN SEE IT ?
Want more recipes? Click here